- Up to -20 °F
CMG’s refrigerated shipping containers, also known as “reefers” or “reefer containers” in the industry, are an ideal choice for keeping perishables and any other merchandise that require a moisture-free and cold environment. Our containers run on high-quality electrical engines and are able to store any type of goods from -20 °F to 70 °F. Reefer containers are a convenient option for public locations as well as work sites as they operate in a quiet manner with their specialized engines. These refrigerated storage containers are ideal for storing dairy products, meat, plants, bait, and much more. Their steel casing ensures that they will safely store any of your merchandise protected from condensation, moisture, heat, and mold.
We provide a vast array of modifications according to your needs for your refrigerated shipping containers. Below is our list of modifications:
- Doors; flat, personnel, corrugated, powered roll-up, and more,
- Flat floors,
- Interior lighting,
- Shelving system,
- Emergency egress,
- Remote monitoring systems,
- High-security lockboxes,
If there is a specific requirement that is not listed above for your cold storage refrigerated shipping container, you can inquire our sales office, and we will be happy to assist you in any regard. We can generally add any specific modifications that meet your needs. Check out our Container Modifications page for more information.
Our reefer containers are sold both in new and used condition. We are one of the few companies that have been authorized to provide CSC (International Convention for Safe Containers) certification for your refrigerated shipping and storage containers. This means that even if you purchase a used refrigerated shipping container from us, for money-saving purposes, they will come in pristine condition with full working capabilities that are designed to travel safely to a location.
We do not provide a warranty for our used refrigerated containers for sale, however, we deliver our containers with proof of Pre-Trip Inspection Report. This means that we ensure that your insulated shipping containers are fully operational and safe for storage and travel beforehand. We do this by running the reefer containers’ motors for 8 hours in advance and ensure that they are fully operational by providing you a certificate with regard to this matter. Even if you do not require the certification, Pre-Trip Inspections are mandatory for quality and safety measures for our refrigerated storage containers.
Our units require a three-phase electrical system that is supplied with a voltage of 440/460 volts. We also have units that have a three-phase electrical system with 200/230-volt transformers.
- Our units are able to run on 50 or 60 Hz,
- The electrical system supports a voltage variance of (-) or (+) 15 percent,
- The PSU (power supply unit) must be grounded for usage, and they have to have circuit breakers of a minimum of 30 amps,
- If a PSU using 208/230 volts is to be used, then the circuit breakers must have a minimum of 50 amps,
- Our standard units are equipped with 460-volt cables and an ISO standard CEE power plug, which is 59 feet/18 meters. The 230-volt cable does not come with a power plug,
- No component of the containers must be arced welded, this includes the addition of any metal or conductive material on which the containers are placed upon. The microprocessor control system has very sensitive electronic circuits and must be handled carefully,
- The refrigerated containers must be protected against power surges at all times. Our units are equipped with circuit breakers in the case of a power surge. The circuit breaker with 460-volt resists up to 29 amps and the circuit breaker with 230-volt resists up to 50 amps. Additionally, our containers have fuses that protect their control circuits and fan motors. While these are protective measures, they do not eliminate the requirement of additional installation of circuit breakers and surge protectors at the electrical power source.
Please, carefully review our containers’ electrical requirements prior to delivery. For any questions or inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us.
As CMG containers we have contracts with various ports, rail yards, and depots nationwide to store and transport any type of containers, thus, delivery will not be an issue at all for your reefer containers. For detailed information regarding our delivery services please check out our page forDelivery & Pick-Up Service.